viernes, 16 de mayo de 2014

rationale

Short and sweet… Paragraph 1: what were you trying to do (tone, purpose, audience to reach?) Paragraph 2: How did you try to do that…give examples from your piece. Paragraph 3: How did you connect to your topic? Example– I wrote a protest letter about the victims of Bloody Sunday in Northern Ireland. It was written with a serious tone and hopes to address the Prime Minister. In my letter,  I tried to present my point of  view  with phrase like “As another matter fact.” and “It is for these reasons”. I tried as well to use a sophisticated level of vocabulary with word choices like “prosecution" and “hypocrite” finally I tried to use complex structures like one might see in a higher level publication such as The New York Times with sentences like “I am writing this letter to concern...” and "I am currently concerned about how the soldiers...”. Using these elements I feel I reached my purpose set out in the task. This task addresses the topic “Taking a Stand”  and specially addresses the topic of the abuse of power. I think  a letter of protest helped me to  best express what I learned from the topics we studied in this unit and how I feel about them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario